Thanks for stopping by!
Welcome to A Family Devoted where I help encourage moms to cultivate their homes with joyful intention through Biblical motherhood, homeschooling, artful homemaking on a dime, and family discipleship.
I’m Kimberly and I have been married to my husband Steven since 2010. We have four beautiful children, Kimyiah (9), her twin in heaven, Walker (7), and Analiyah (5). I’m a faithful homeschool mom and I love educating my children for the glory of God.
Formerly, Homegrown Motherhood, I blogged under this name for 7 years before prayerfully rebranding to A Family Devoted with the heart of encouraging moms to be faithful in their homes as Titus 2.
As A Family, We Are Devoted To...
- The Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 4:2, Hebrews 1:1-2)
- Wholly Sufficient
- A Triune God (2 Corinthians 13:14, Matthew 28:19, John 15:26, Galatians 4:6)
- One God, 3 Persons – The Father, Son, Holy Spirit. These three are the same in substance, equal in power and glory, co-equal, and co-eternal.
- The 5 Solas (The Gospel)
- Scripture Alone: 1 Corinthians 4:6
- Christ Alone: John 14: 6, 1 Timothy 1:15-16, 2:5
- Grace Alone: Ephesians 2:8, Romans 3:24, Titus 2:11
- Faith Alone: Romans 5:1, Galatians 2:16, Ephesians 2:8-9
- Glory Of God Alone: Isaiah 43:6-7, 1 Corinthians 10:31, 1 Peter 4:11, Ephesians 3:20-21, Romans 11:36, Revelation 7:9-12
- A biblical view of marriage and family (Gen. 1:26-28, 2:18-24; Ex. 20:12; Ps. 127:3-5; Mt. 19:4-6; Eph. 5:22-33, 6:1-4; Col. 3:18-21; Heb. 13:4; 1 Pt. 3:7)
- Raising our children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4 Deut 6:4-9)
- Biblical Worldview (Romans 12:2, 1 Corinthians 2:12, 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, Colossians 2:8, 3:17, 1 Peter 1:13-16, 2 Timothy 4:2-4, 1 John 4:1, 2:15-17, Ephesians 4:17-24, 5:1-17, 6:10-18, Galatians 5:16-26)
- Commitment to the local church (Heb.10:25, 13:17; 1 Cor. 1:2, 12:12-14; Rom. 12:4-5; Acts 2:42, 20:28; Eph. 4:1-6)
- Our confession of faith (1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith)
How It Started
We got married after only TWO months of dating in sunny Palm Springs, California and have been married for 12 years! We now call the deep south of Alabama home and are blessed that God brought us together! And it’s true what they say, opposites attract! He’s the crazy to my calm. I’m the planner, he’s the spontaneous one. We balance each other out nicely, but it hasn’t always been this way. We’ve had a long road in our marriage. God’s sovereignty, providence and grace has covered our marriage.
I am a homeschool educator, blogger, speaker, and online course creator! I am currently in training to become a Certified Biblical Counselor through the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors and I’m passionate about helping Christian moms by equipping them with Biblical truths so that they gain clarity and renewed focus for what God has called them to be in marriage, faith, homeschooling, homemaking, and building an online business.
With a Master’s Degree and background in special education and working with children with Autism, I gave up my career and pursued the calling God had for me at home according to Titus 2.
I’ve had the privilege to speak at some of the biggest online homeschool and motherhood summits. Click Here To Learn More About Speaking Opportunities.
Follow Me On LinkedIn:
Meet The Children
These three make our hearts smile in so many ways! Even through the loss of a twin baby early on in my pregnancy with our eldest, God has blessed us with three incredible kids on this side of heaven. We live with the hope that we will see our sweet baby again and they’re safe in the arms of Jesus.
People often ask us “How in the world do you do it with them being so close in age?” I’ll tell you how. By the grace of God! Even on the days where life gets crazy, busy, that’s full of classic meltdowns, and toys scattered all over the house…one thing remains the same time. God is faithful. These moments are precious and raising a family that’s devoted is what we are called to do!