Meet Steven & Kimberly Steenbergen
Welcome to A Family Devoted where we think critically, discern biblically, and glorify God in all we do. We are here to encourage and strengthen families with a Biblical worldview so that they can do the same.
Meet Steven & Kimberly
Steven and Kimberly are the founders of A Family Devoted.
They have been married since December 11, 2010 and have four beautiful children, Kimyiah (7), her twin in heaven, Walker (5), and Analiyah (3). Steven and Kimberly are also faithful homeschoolers and love educating their children for the glory of God.
Formerly, Homegrown Motherhood, Kimberly blogged under this name for 7 years before she and Steven prayerfully decided it was time to take things to a new level of working together as a couple. They founded this family ministry officially in April 2021 with God’s leading and it’s a pleasure and honor to serve thousands of families around the world from this little corner of the internet.
We Are A Family Devoted To...
- The Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 4:2, Hebrews 1:1-2)
- Wholly Sufficient
- A Triune God (2 Corinthians 13:14, Matthew 28:19, John 15:26, Galatians 4:6)
- One God, 3 Persons – The Father, Son, Holy Spirit. These three are the same in substance, equal in power and glory, co-equal, and co-eternal.
- The 5 Solas (The Gospel)
- Scripture Alone: 1 Corinthians 4:6
- Christ Alone: John 14: 6, 1 Timothy 1:15-16, 2:5
- Grace Alone: Ephesians 2:8, Romans 3:24, Titus 2:11
- Faith Alone: Romans 5:1, Galatians 2:16, Ephesians 2:8-9
- Glory Of God Alone: Isaiah 43:6-7, 1 Corinthians 10:31, 1 Peter 4:11, Ephesians 3:20-21, Romans 11:36, Revelation 7:9-12
- A biblical view of marriage and family (Gen. 1:26-28, 2:18-24; Ex. 20:12; Ps. 127:3-5; Mt. 19:4-6; Eph. 5:22-33, 6:1-4; Col. 3:18-21; Heb. 13:4; 1 Pt. 3:7)
- Raising our children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4 Deut 6:4-9)
- Biblical Worldview (Romans 12:2, 1 Corinthians 2:12, 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, Colossians 2:8, 3:17, 1 Peter 1:13-16, 2 Timothy 4:2-4, 1 John 4:1, 2:15-17, Ephesians 4:17-24, 5:1-17, 6:10-18, Galatians 5:16-26)
- Commitment to the local church (Heb.10:25, 13:17; 1 Cor. 1:2, 12:12-14; Rom. 12:4-5; Acts 2:42, 20:28; Eph. 4:1-6)
- Our confession of faith (1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith)
How It Started
Steven and Kimberly got married after only TWO months of dating in sunny Palm Springs, California and have been married for 10.5 years! They now call East Tennessee home and are blessed that God brought them together! And it’s true what they say, opposites attract! He’s the crazy to her calm. She’s the planner, he’s the spontaneous one. They balance each other out nicely, but it hasn’t always been this way. They’ve had a long road in their marriage to get to where they are today. God’s sovereignty, providence and grace have taken their marriage to a new level and there’s no one else they’d rather spend life with.
I am a husband, a father, and a disciple of Jesus Christ. I am passionate about the things of God and am currently in seminary at Covenant Baptist Theological Seminary. I do not suffer fools lightly who twist God’s Word or misuse His name. I am an honest person, and often blunt in my honesty. To speak the Truth “in love” often involves hurting one’s feelings. If in speaking the Truth no one is offended, then you’re doing something wrong. I wish to ignite passion in others, illuminate the Truth of God’s Word, and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am a sinner, saved by the grace of God, and the chief end of my being is to glorify Him and enjoy His presence forever. I will know that I have found success in life when those that I have discipled are discipling others themselves.
Follow my personal Twitter account:
I am a homeschool educator, blogger, speaker, and online course creator! I am currently in training to become a Certified Biblical Counselor through the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors and I’m passionate about helping Christian moms by equipping them with Biblical truths so that they gain clarity and renewed focus for what God has called them to be in marriage, faith, homeschooling, homemaking, and building an online business.
With a Master’s Degree and background in special education and ABA therapy for children with Autism, I gave up my career and pursued the calling God had for me at home according to Titus 2.
I’ve had the privilege to speak at some of the biggest online homeschool and motherhood summits. Click Here To Learn More About Hiring Us As Speakers
Follow Me On LinkedIn:
Meet The Children
These three make our hearts smile in so many ways! Even through the loss of a twin baby early on in Kimberly’s pregnancy with our eldest, God has blessed us with three incredible kids on this side of heaven. We live with the hope that we will see our sweet baby again and they’re safe in the arms of Jesus.
People often ask us “How in the world do you do it with them being so close in age?” I’ll tell you how. By the grace of God! Even on the days where life gets crazy, busy, that’s full of classic meltdowns, and toys scattered all over the house…one thing remains the same time. God is faithful. These moments are precious and raising a family that’s devoted is what we are called to do!